There are two fundamental success metrics for your support organization — customer satisfaction and cost per ticket. While Customer satisfaction is subjective, it depends on if the issue is resolved and how quickly. Cost per ticket is a metric that organizations monitor very closely and strive to lower.
According to BMC, the average support ticket in North America costs an organization $15.56, and ticket handle time plays a big factor here. Your support team has a wealth of knowledge, but when they don’t know the answer or steps needed to resolve an issue, they need access to a reliable, up-to-date, and centralized source of information.
Stack Overflow for Teams empowers your support team to find information and answers in moments. Helpful resources such as questions, answers and long-form content reduce the amount of time your support team spends on common questions. While unique cases can be documented and shared with relevant teams to ensure information is retained.
The below calculations capture the estimated time saved answering support tickets using Stack Overflow for Teams. The time savings results in per-ticket cost reduction and increased number of tickets your team can resolve in a given timeframe.
- Support cost savings for all employees per day
- Yearly support cost savings for all employees
over 252 days
- Daily Increase in tickets answered for all employees
- Yearly increase in tickets answered for all employees
- Number of support employees
- Average number of tickets answered per employee per day
- % of average number of tickets per support level
- Cost of ticket resolution ($ estimates)
- % of redundant tickets
Email me the copy of ROI Calculator
Enter your information for your customized ROI data to share with your colleagues.