This article provides an overview of the insights available through the Executive Dashboard for your Collective.
The Executive Dashboard is only available to Admins of your Collective. It includes three sections:
- Adoption & Engagement
- Trends & Competitive Benchmarks
Let's take a look at what you'll see in each section.
In this section of the Dashboard, you'll find insights into the overall size of your Collective, including total number of questions, answers, and members (refreshed daily) and users and pageviews (based on selected date range).
These insights are refreshed daily.
- Total Questions: The total number of questions using tags associated with the Collective.
- Total Answers: The total number of answers using tags associated with the Collective.
- Total Members: The total number of users who have joined the Collective.
The remaining insights on the Executive Dashboard will be based on the date range you select in the grey bar on the right side of the page. You can select a start date that’s a maximum of two years or minimum of one day prior to today’s date.
- New Answers vs. New Questions: Compare the number of new answers versus new questions contributed within the selected timeframe.
- Pageviews & Users:
Pageviews are defined as the total number of times pages using your Collective's tags were viewed within the selected timeframe.
Users are defined as the total number of users (logged in or anonymous) who visited pages using your Collective's tags within the selected timeframe.
Adoption & Engagement
This section helps you understand the adoption of your Collective, including the number of members who joined or left within a selected timeframe and a breakout of members versus Admins and Recognized Members.
You can also see engagement metrics, such as number of new questions, answers, and comments in your Collective and the user roles that are contributing new content within a selected timeframe.
- Total Questions & Answers and Comments: Across the top, you'll find the total number of new questions and answers and comments that use your Collective's tags within the selected timeframe.
- Content Contributors: Understand who is contributing content to your Collective. See how contributions from Admins and Recognized Members compares to Members/users within the selected timeframe.
- Net new Members: View the members that have either joined or left the Collective within the selected timeframe.
- Members by user role: See the total number of Members by user role within the selected timeframe. Also see a breakout of Members versus Recognized Members/Admins.
Trends & Competitive Benchmarks
This section of the dashboard provides you with some additional context for your data. You'll find the tags in your Collective that are trending and also see how the number of new questions asked using your primary tag compares to your competitors' tag activity.
- Tags trending up in usage: See the two tags increasing in use on new questions asked in your Collective within the selected timeframe. You'll also find the percent increase in the number of questions using the tag compared to the previous period, as well as the percent of total questions in your Collective using that tag.
- Tags trending down in usage: See the two tags decreasing in use on new questions asked in your Collective within the selected timeframe. You'll also find the percent decrease in the number of questions using the tag compared to the previous period, as well as the percent of total questions in your Collective using that tag.
- Competitive tag insights: Compare the top tag in your Collective to three of your competitors’ tags within the selected timeframe. This data is based on the number of new questions created on Stack Overflow using the tag.
Note: The tags shown in the Competitive tag insights chart are selected by your team. You are currently limited to three competitive tags. Refer to https://stackoverflow.com/tags to view all active tags on Stack Overflow. Please contact your Customer Success Manager with any questions or updates to your tag selections.